Some pets adversely react to the lights and noise of fireworks. With a little extra effort, our pets can be spared the trauma they sometimes experience from fireworks.
* Keep your pets indoors during fireworks displays.
* Turn on the TV or radio and air conditioning to help mask the noise. Keep pets in a soothing, dark room or close draperies to help soundproof the area.
* Be home or have someone at home indoors with your pet.
* Close all windows and doors and block pet doors to prevent excape.
* Do not take your pet to a fireworks show or let the pet outdoors while fireworks are being used.
* If you know your pet is sensitive, consult your veterinarian a few weeks before. Some pets may require sedation, and your vet may have specific tips for you.